2005.01.13 13:14 "[Tiff] TIFF - Unknown field with tag 34665", by Claude Houle
I am transforming a TIFF Picture into a JPEG Thumbnail and I get to see this warning: Unknown field with tag 34665 encountered warning. I am using JMagick 6.0.4
I am using ImageMagick 6.1.8-3 Q16 over Windows 2000 Professionnal Edition Service Pack 4.
So far, what I discovered:
- The Picture gives the warning when using 'identify' : Unknown field with tag 34665
- The Picture gives the warning when opening with 'IMDisplay' utility.
- The Picture have some color loss when opening with IMDisplay ( Red become blue, White becomes Black, etc... )
- The Picture works fine with Adobe Photoshop 7.0 ( The Software that originally created the picture )
- The Picture works fine and is displayable with MS Photo Editor ( Small Application that is installed with MS Office 2000 )
- The Field Tag 34665 is an Adobe Specific ( According to Magick-Users Mailing List )
- The Field Tag 34665 is not present in TIFF 6.0 Specification from 1992 ( >From what I understand from the Spec )
- The Field Tag 34665 is not present in TIFF 6.0 Specification Add-On from 1995 ( From what I understand from the Spec )
- The Field Tag 34665 is not present in TIFF 6.0 Specification Add-On from 2002 ( From what I understand from the Spec )
How can I transform this picture without the problem? Is this a problem with libTIFF or ImageMagick?
I ruled out the JMagick Problem, because I performed the problem with ImageMagick only ( Command-Line Operations ), and the problem presented itself in the same fashion.
Can anyone help?
c <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> email@example.com 'firstname.lastname@example.org'