2008.04.11 19:29 "[Tiff] Testers wanted for new release of Tiffcrop", by Richard Nolde
I'm about to upload new new update to Tiffcrop which fixes some bugs discovered in the previous release and I am looking for testers. Please send me an email if you are willing to test my code which is based on the current 3.9 CVS release downloaded a couple of weeks ago.
In the previous version, some combinations of command line options did not work correctly, in particular the use of margins with fixed size regions and/or rotations. It should now be possible to do all of the above at the same time. eg -E left -U in -m0.5,0.25,0,0 -X 7.5 -Y 4.0 -R 90 to extract a region 7.5 inches wide by 4.0 inches beginning 1/2 inch from the top edge and 1/4 inch from the left edge and then rotate it by 90 degrees.
The one known item remaining to be done is to allow the proper combining of multiple horizontal zones side by side instead of one above the other. eg -Z 1:4,4:4 now appends the second zone below the first one instead of to its right.
I am also entertaining feature requests for the next version. The following possibilities are under consideration so let me know what is off interest to the user community. These functions would not necessarily work on all color space and bit depths as I don't have any knowledge of YCbCr or similar color models.
- Add an "Edge reference" value of Center to allow fixed sized regions to be specified relative to the center of the image.
- Specifying one or more regions for extraction using x1,y1,x2,y2 coordinates, possibly to individual pages instead of to a single output page.
- Rotation by an arbitrary angle instead of just multiples of 90%.
- Image resizing by resampling/interpolation
- Image filters for cleaning up scanned images (aimed mainly at bilevel text processing images), eg smoothing, sharpening, despeckle/noise reduction, etc.
- Automatic deskewing
- If anyone can recommend good references for algorithms for bicubic interpolation, deskewing, and filtering, please send them to me.