2005.08.05 22:04 "[Tiff] Building with Old-JPEG support", by Morten Bagai
I am having an extremely difficult time compiling libtiff with Old JPEG support, and haven't been able to find a conclusive answer in the archives so far. Therefore, I am posting what I tried so far in the hope that someone here can help me get it right:
- Downloaded and unpacked libtiff 3.7.3 source distribution from the official site
- Downloaded and unpacked the libjpeg source distribution from ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg
- Added the code from tiff-3.7.3/contrib/ojpeg to the end og jpeg-6b/ jdhuff.c
- compiled libjpeg without errors
- configured libtiff with the following options: ./configure --with- jpeg-include-dir=/Users/mortenbagai/jpeg-6b --with-jpeg-lib-dir=/usr/ local/lib --with-apple-opengl-framework --enable-old-jpeg (I'm on OS X 10.4)
- compiled and installed libtiff
When I try doing tiffcp on a TIFF file that includes one or more pages Old-style encoded JPEG compression, I still get an error telling me that support was not configured.
Is there anything I can do to check that libjpeg did compile correctly with the altered jdhuff.c? Any help or hints would be very much appreciated as I'm somewhat lost here.