2010.11.04 18:58 "[Tiff] question about copyright", by Philip Watkinson
In the tif_lzw.c module, the following appears:
- Copyright (c) 1985, 1986 The Regents of the University of California.
- All rights reserved.
- This code is derived from software contributed to Berkeley by
- James A. Woods, derived from original work by Spencer Thomas
- and Joseph Orost.
- Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
- provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
- duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation,
- advertising materials, and other materials related to such
- distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed
- by the University of California, Berkeley. The name of the
- University may not be used to endorse or promote products derived
- from this software without specific prior written permission.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
- IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
- WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. */
If I'm going to use libtiff, I have to include the copyright notice in the documentation?