2015.06.02 13:53 "Re: [Tiff] Compiling 4.0.4beta on 64 bit MSWin has some problems.", by Bob Friesenhahn
2015.06.02 06:44 "[Tiff] Compiling 4.0.4beta on 64 bit MSWin has some problems.", by Graeme Gill
- Using tif_unix.c compiles, but doesn't work properly on 32 bit MSWin - it seemed to sit there creating an infinity big file on write. (I didn't test on 64 bit MSWin).
- tif_win32.c won't compile without the valid warning that you can't cast a (64 bit) HANDLE to an (32 bit) int, which is what's happening with TIFFFdOpen()'s first argument and in several other places, and in the main tiff structure in tiffiop.h where tif_fd is an int, and following on
- from that with TIFFFileno() and TIFFSetFileno(), etc.
- To quiet the warning I ended up hacking in a tfd_t type that is a thandle_t for MSWin and and int for everything else, and changing the declaration of the structure and functions accordingly.
- There were also lots of warning inside tif_dirwrite.c because its functions have uint16 tag parameters, while the TIFFFieldInfo structure has field_tag of type ttag_t which is uint32.