2019.09.29 14:32 "Re: [Tiff] Switch from bugzilla to gitlab issues ?", by Even Rouault
ok, actually I gave it another try at migrating issues. So I started from https://gitlab.gnome.org/federico/bugzilla-to-gitlab-migrator and hacked it heavily to use an XML dump of bugzilla converted to JSon...
The result of the import is in https://gitlab.com/rouault/test-libtiff-issues/issues
- Only bugzilla open tickets
- Original description, attachments and comments are there.
- Link to original bugzilla URL
- People names and emails, and dates, in plain text.
- Label 'bugzilla' for all issues, and optionaly 'enhancement' imported from bugzilla (although people didn't really use it reliably)
- the gitlab issue id is different from the bugzilla issue id. We could probably have identical ids by creating fake closed gitlab issues to fill the gaps, but I don't think that's worth it (and if for some reason the import would fail and should be done again, as there's no way to reset the gitlab issue id apart from destroying the repo & recreating it, we'd be stuck)
- the gitlab author of all actions will be "TIFF Bugzilla to gilab issues bot"
- version, other bug severity, OS: not migrated. I don't think they were reliable at all.
- links (depends, etc.) between tickets
- I believe that should be good enough hopefully.
- When playing with this, I had an issue when the repository was public. gitlab API detected spamming when using the issue creation API. A search suggested that turning the repo to private disables this check, and that is true actually.
- So the plan would be to switch temporarily gitlab.com/libtiff/libtiff to private when I run the script. The downtime would be 15 to 30 minutes.
Once migration is complete I would mass-close the bugzilla tickets with a general comment to go to gitlab.com/libtiff/libtiff/issues (no individual link to the precise gitlab issue, but finding the gitlab issue from the bugzilla id should be easy for people really in need for that)
(There's a move API of tickets from a gitlab repo to another one. That works: I've tried it on the very first opened tickets, hence they are not in the above test repo if you looked carefully. But I noticed it was confused by #XXX values in stacktraces and created false links to issues during the move. So running the script from scratch is better)
Spatialys - Geospatial professional services